gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

When I plug into ac power I can hear the inverter kick on

Customer Question

When I plug into ac power I can hear the inverter kick on, when check inside I have ac power at all recepts, but not my refrigerator in the ac mode. When I start my engine the lights come on but it switches to gas as it should but when I turn the engine off it then pops the outside gfi where I'm getting my power from, and I don't have any power where my slide outs are or water heater extra and no amperage at fuse panel, so l'm confused. Never happened before.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** the delay, what is the make and model of the inverter? Robert
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Robert, but I solved my problem my self. It turned out to be my house batteries were shot, I had them replaced once in 2013. So I replaced them today and that solved my issue. Now just wondering if I might be able get reimbursed. Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Glad you got the issue resolved, I can request a refund for you, maybe next time I can catch you sooner... Robert