gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Needed: wiring schematic 2001 Carrie lite 5 th wheel,

Customer Question

Needed: wiring schematic for a 2001 Carrie lite 5 th wheel, 36 ft, 3 slide outs, having electrical issues, not the converter, or fuses,..... Please send info to Ocean view center in Delaware, who are working on it.... Fax(###) ###-#### ***** Scott ( the tech who is working on it)
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
There is a 99% chance that none will be found. He will have to work it out like the rest of us do on these in the shop. If you can tell me what the problem is, I can give him some suggestions of what to do to track it down. I just didn't want your question to be left sitting there.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
I am adding a link to a similar question we had on this about 3 years ago...........
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your response was not helpful. We live in Pa & vacation in Delaware. Electric was checked by the local electrical co..... From the meter to the unit....( all good )...... Oceanview RV was called (where purchased)..... Checked out & thought to be converter( tested ok)..... Problem is we need to see how this unit is wired, this is the 3rd week our vacation time has been affected. The final straw was I had to send 45.00 only to receive a reply that was was really worthless to me & Oceanview RV in Delaware to correct the problem. I live in Harrisburg not far from where they used/ or still do make the Carrie lite. I intend to follow up on this issue by making necessary phone calls and/ or drive to the factory & do what it takes to receive a decent reply. You can get in touch with me at(###) ###-#### ***** leave message if no answer. I will be leaving Delaware Sunday to return home, another weekend unable to use because of this electrical issue.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Sorry we don't have what you needed..........but, a good tech can figure out any electrical issue without one. But, seeing you don't seem to want to tell me what the actual problem is, I can't offer much. I help customers all the time with complex issues here. These are no longer made and that makes this difficult. You are always free to ask for a full refund.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have ruled out power coming into the unit, it was completely checked out by the local electrical co..... Power is going into the unit..... Some of the lights we got working by running a 20 amp cord into the converter which was also checked & found good. However we do not have power to our tv to the TV in one area, water heater can't be started & no heat or A/C... The tech already did check the unit & is aware of above.... He plans on pulling out the panel box to see which way the wires are running as to attempt to trace where the problem is.... With a wiring print out it sure would help very much : is this problem in the unit???? Or did a creature affect the wiring under the unit???
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
It doesn't sound like he really knows how to do this. The wiring can be check with a multimeter to ohm it out and see if it is good back to the load center. It may be a loose connection in one of the plugs or a bad GFCI that controls not only that plug but others on the string. The water heater is a direct lead in most cases from the breaker to the water heater. The same on the A/C unit. Did he ohm those out or does he know for sure that there is a good AC feed OUT of the breakers? Did he pull all the breakers out of the load center and check to see for any burned feeds from the box? Older Magnetek units had some issues here, especially if there had been any 240 VAC feeding into it instead of 120 VAC. Does this have a 50 amp supply cord (4 prongs) or a 30 amp cord (3 prongs) and the make and model of the load center? Get back to me with this and I can offer more.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
And yes, sometimes a rat or squirrel chews up the wiring and that can be hard to find. Usually, there will be some evidence of that seen in the compartment bays.