Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How to replace front cap LED strip on 2014 keystone sprinter

Customer Question

How to replace front cap LED strip on 2014 keystone sprinter 324 FWBHS
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
Do you know for sure it is bad or maybe just a bad connection?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It works just half of the LED lights on the strip are not working I have a new replacement strip from keystone and need to know how to access the wires on the front fiberglass cap to attach new replacement strip?
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
This may be one of those bad engineering things where they put that on and then istalled the inner wall. I have never had to replace on in the location. What is on that wall on the other side? The bedroom closet? If so, you can access it from there, but it would sure help to check the strip out first and see which end the power comes into it from. You may have to put an access hole inside IF the wiring hole now won't allow those leads to come out to get to the connections.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The wires pull through the front cap to a point I'm guessing where the connectors stop it from the inside of the fiberglass. On the inside of the camper is the front closet and I would rather not cut a hole in there? Any ideas?
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
Then you could enlarge that hole just enough to squeeze one connection through and then the other and seal it back up using a rubber grommet and sealer when you get the new one on there. That should allow you to get this done.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What would you recommend to use to enlarge the hole?
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
A small rat tailed file..........and just elongate it some to allow the connection to pass through.
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here.