Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a truck camper Fleetwood Caribou. The inverter is no

Customer Question

I have a truck camper Fleetwood Caribou. The inverter is no longer functioning. I need a replacement for everything inside the camper is wokring fine. But when I have no external power supply, my battery inside the camper goes dead after three days of usage, despite the fact that I have a built-in generator. Do you have any sugestions?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: I dont think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Did you diagnose the converter? It should be putting out about 13.7 VDC. You might want to have the battery load tested to be sure it is still good. Over 3 years old and it may not be holding a charge now. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you. Let me know the make of your load center and I can make some recommendations for you on an upgrade on the converter if you need a new one. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some assistance from me here?