gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

We have Dometic roof air. It blows super cold air, too cold.

Customer Question

We have Dometic roof air. It blows super cold air, too cold. We have adjucted the temp control but it does not change anything. It will be like a freezer in there. Eventually it will freeze the unit up and blow hot air. Any ideas what the cause of this is?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes we would like to if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We cleaned the outside coils which were very dirty. Put a new filter inside, that's about all
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: This unit is a 2004 model if that is any help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
I need the model number thermostat type and brand. The model number is ***** the bottom side when you remove the air cleaner. What setting did you set the thermosat on? Get back to me with this and I can assist you further.