peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a problem with my land feed water filling my potable

Customer Question

i have a problem with my land feed water filling my potable wtr tank and overflowing from the fill hole. it takes about 4-5 days to fill. ive replaced the limit valve at the hose attach, ive replaced any and all faucets hat may have had a drip. i learnedabout the Vapor breaker. except that mine didnt face down where hose was hooked, but seemed go work fine tilll recently. i have a 1998 36' fleetwood Discovery Diesal Motorhome. im baffled, it also has been leaking water somewhere near shower stall, i cant find where its coming from. 1 day i noticed my GFI suplied 120v outdoor duplex outlet was dripping water and shorted out all the outlets in line.. all this is going on as NOW Iai cant get my M.H. started, my generator wont start either. ive been trying to understand all the different feeds to my batterys. i have a intermatic INVERTER, A Converter installed behind the fused , circiut breaker box located behind the panel box under fridge. gawd, terrible place to inspect convertor, i would appreciate ANY INFO you might provide. i got afeeling that my water thing might besome sequence thing, or a plugged line, something with the vapor breaker, it just started acting up aftelr i had bought it and lived in it for kver a year, everything worked fine i never changed a thing. im going crazywith the lack of knowledge. thank you DAN TERRY, (*****@******.*** or ratnut53 @msn.com) ph #425(###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases with a fault like this here this will need checked over/tested by an RV repair facility or dealer to locate all of the components that may be damaged or at fault here needing repaired or replaced.This looks to be a big repair with the issues here and several components may need replaced.If this is not an option for you here and you want to continue here to see if you can get this info let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i didnt want to hear, "i might have to take it to a qualified service repair facility". info i didnt need to pay for. my water problem is something that im sure happens A LOT, something that should be very easy to fix, just havent found the right person that as heard or encounted problem themselves, i been told the valve next 2 the land water hooks up, turns 90° suppling the potable tank, 90°back it feeds my MH with direct pressure from landsite, ok, would have hoped someone there KNEW THAT. my battery thing i believe is just battery failure, i didnt realize they require LOTS OF ATTENTION, me being a NEW rv owner, that lives in it, also that bad battery situation is , i think creating a reverse polarity thing that trips any or some protective feature in the inverter and/or the converter tranfer switch. i have a multimeter, and a Shumacher 12/6 V battery tester but im not getting anywhere with battery switching off, thanks Pete for responding, at least you were decent to admit lack of knowledge of a FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY MH, I realize its only the second leading MH sold behind Winabago. so unfortionatly i feel that the just answer site, to me, seems to be a money grab deal. thanks again i just will do as ive been doing, talking to other Park residents, my problem with that is getting out and about due to my disability and have trouble walking around, im a Vietmam vet, retired Boeing employee, and currently on a very limited budget, Also it would be quite difficult to drive to repair facility, unless paying for a tow, 80+ miles was posible. DAN TERRY(###) ###-####**@******.***, or***@******.***
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete