Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2005 Monaco Diolomat, diesel with diesel Onan generator. All

Customer Question

2005 Monaco Diolomat, diesel with diesel Onan generator. All new batteries, coach and chassis. Generator relay buzzes when I try to start it. I'm not sure which battery set go to the generator. It was at an Onan service center a year ago with the same problem and all they did was put a battery charger on the batteries and it started. Any clues?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Did they clean all the cables INCLUDING the ground leads to the chassis.......both on the genset AND the main ground from the batteries? That would be the first place to check based on what you have reported. Do that and get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Haven't had a chance to look. Which batteries does the generator get its power, house or chassis?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Most are on the house batteries. Let me know if you are still having an issue once you rule this out.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.