Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My atwood furnace is noisy. if sounds like an air return problem.

Customer Question

my atwood furnace is noisy. if sounds like an air return problem. The filters are clean. The furnace is in the kitchen with living room nest to it,all one room. When the furnace is running we can't hear the television. Any answers
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** thing to do is make sure the furnace is secured properly to the floor, if it was loose then it could vibrate more then normal and cause excessive noise. Make sure all your ducting is also secured to the furnace properly. IF it is making any kind of popping sound it could be a LP pressure issue, for that I would have the pressure checked out, most RV shops will have a manometer to check the pressure. It also could be the bearings in the fan motor, that is normally the number one complaint when these start to make noise. What I might do is have a RV shop perform an annual service on the furnace as doing that might pick up on the issue, a service would be pulling the furnace, cleaning everything out, checking voltages, checking the pressure etc, it is about two hours of labor but it very well might take care of the issue. Hope this helps some if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert