Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a fifth wheel with no 12 volt power in the trailer,

Customer Question

I have a fifth wheel with no 12 volt power in the trailer, batteries are fully charged and checked and are fine. batteries will fire up the generator just fine, but nothing 12 volt has any life.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Like I said, generator will start and run, no lights slides, jacks, gauge readings or anything with generator power or without.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked all breakers, not all fuses, because they would have to have all blown at once
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you plugged into shore-power and have no DC voltage? IF you are plugged in is the AC voltage working, outlets, microwave etc.....OR you are unplugged and have no 12 volt power? IF the generator is running do you have AC voltage? Thanks, Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
IF you have the AC voltage and not the DC voltage it sounds like an issue with the power converter or a tripped breaker, go to the battery and follow the cables, look for a breaker, below is a picture. As a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip, if you see any the voltage on each post should be the same to chassis ground, you might have more then one for other items.The other issue is the converter it will take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage. If you have NO AC voltage please let me know... Breaker.