Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

RV motor stalls when brake is applied and abs light comes

Customer Question

RV motor stalls when brake is applied and abs light comes on
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is***** would be making sure you do not have a bad battery, loose or corroded cable, cable rubbing on the frame to start. The ABS system is very sensitive to low voltage and can go off if you are having some type of voltage issue, I would remove the battery and have it load tested, this is the best test that can be done on the battery and most auto parts stores will load test them for free, make sure all your cables are also clean and tight and no cables are rubbing on the frame. I would check the alternator output as well, at 1500 Rpms you should have over 14 volts on the back of the alternator. IF it is not a voltage issue I would have a mobile service come to you and hook up to see what codes are active, anytime the ABS light goes off it should store a code, after the code is reset the RV has to be driven for it to clear, the system will do a self check and if everything is fine the light will go off. Could be a short in the ABS system.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert