Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I installed an Electronic Control Kit w/CCC thermostat (3109226.005)

Customer Question

I installed an Electronic Control Kit w/CCC thermostat (3109226.005) on my bedroom Dometic Brisk Air II ac (B57915.711C0). It has been wired in according to all instructions (no furnace connection). I am getting nothing on the thermostat (no LED or display). I have checked the polarity on the comm cable and it is correct. Also attempted a reset on CCC. I have checked for DC voltage through the comm cable and I get a reading of 0.58 volts. I have checked the DC voltage into the Control Kit and it reads 13.68 volts. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Is the RJ-11 cable new or not? What was there before you replaced all this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The RJ-11 cable was already installed without plugs. I installed the plug ends as instructed (right to left; lock clip up; (black, red, green, yellow)). I also made a new cable that I can connect directly from the control kit to the thermostat bypassing the installed cable. There is no difference between the two. I get the same readings as to DC voltage?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have also checked for power indications at the fuse and have nothing. I have verified the fuse is good.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
The ends of the RJ-11 cable are backwards from each other. Just the reverse of a phone cord. Perhaps double check that and ohm out each line to be sure you get a good mating on line to plug.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you got this resolved yet or do you still need some assistance from me here?