Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

RM3862 refrigerator. No cooling on electric or gas. Burner

Customer Question

RM3862 refrigerator. No cooling on electric or gas. Burner tube is hot. Checked all fuses and are good.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
HI my name is***** no cooling on BOTH LP AND AC indicates an issue with the cooling unit, a cooling unit can become blocked or rupture. For a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge or hear a gurgle when you try to run it, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both sources. IF the cooling unit is blocked it would need to be replaced or a new fridge. A cooling unit is going to cost over 1/2 of what a new fridge will. One other thing that can prevent the fridge from cooling is the thermistor, if you have a volt meter you can test it to see if it is the problem. Click HERE and see page 14... You can also unplug the connector from P-2 and the fridge should default to full cooling. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping, you are not getting charged again when you select a rating. Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
disconnected the thermistor at P2. still no cooling. One of the fuses on the control board is 12v and the other is line voltage 115, correct? Both fuses are good.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Yes you will have a DC fuse and and an AC fuse, if the DC fuse was blown then the fridge would not even turn on. I am afraid with the symptoms you have the cooling unit is the issue, I know not the news you are wanting to hear. Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.
Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert