Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Only my sockets work on electrical,nothing else will , lights

Customer Question

only my sockets work on electrical,nothing else will , lights work on battery but not 120,pop out room only on 12 volt what could be wrong
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** sounds like the power converter has failed, when you are plugged into AC power the power converter will take that AC voltage and make the DC voltage, so it is possible to have all your AC power and be missing the DC power. The power converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone style can be located just about anywhere sometimes they are under the fridge or stove, behind the breaker panel etc. The stand alone converter will have two fuses on it. IF you know the make and model of the converter I might be able to send you some troubleshooting.Also the slide out is normally wired directly to the battery so that would in fact work if the battery was charged up, really sounds like the converter or possible loose connection. Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert