Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have 2015 sunseeker GTS 30 ft with rear slide. AV connections

Customer Question

Have 2015 sunseeker GTS 30 ft with rear slide. AV connections in cab above entry. Tv is on other side of camper above dinette table. Outside connections are: 2 110 outlets plus 12 volt port and cable/sat? Port. These are on passenger side. Also 1 cable/sat? Port on drivers side of camper. Have 2 110 outlets above sink next to dinette and 2 in front of sink cabinet. That is all we can findin living room area. Tv power seems to be DC. Cables and wires in wall of camper. To connect portable sat dish to camper system, I assume you connect coax to one of outside ports and power to 12v port. Ok. Problem is what to do with receiver. If receiver is in cabinet above door, we could connect to sat port in cabinet. I guess there might be an adapter so receiver power cord could connect to DC outlet there. -(no 110) power. However there is no way to watch tv and have direct line of sight from dish remote to receiver above the door. And there is noway to connect box to sat without cables and cords running all over the place for people to trip over. Can't believe Forest river doesn't have some way to do this. Our 2013 surveyor certainly did not present any problems like this. We have Wineguard Carry-Out antenna and Dish network service with vip211z receiver. Hope you can help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.
Some photos of these areas attached to your post would really be helpful here. No wiring diagrams are going to be available that I know of. Is this doable? If so, I can probably help you resolve this.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sent I hope pics of outside ports tv connection and AV cabinet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there. Sorry can't tell. Did you get pics?
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.
Yes, I am still here and got the photos. The inside one is blurry. But it appears some wiring may be needed unless you want some cords traversing the room. That can be done.....and the 120 VAC outlet may be the easiest to install up by the location of the tv if that is AC powered. The carry out antenna can be plugged in to an outside coax outlet to feed inside. Or am I not understanding this correctly. I will make a phone chat option available as this might be easier to discuss in that mode.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks anyway. I may have a bone or two to pick with forest river though. This kind of design flaw should not have occurred in 2015.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Am not interested in sending more money after bad.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.
Good luck with them! I wil opt out of this on the chnce another tech can offer something.