gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2014 Colman 297RE camper. The slide fit the kitchen

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Colman 297RE camper. The slide fit the kitchen side only went in half way. Does not surge power or try to move at all. Fuses are good in the main electrical box, additional electrical box under fridge glows red when I push the slide switch. Meanings are shorts in wire, excessive current, ect. Can u help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Are you plugged into shore power or not? One battery or two?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Two batteries at full charge with a generator... Plenty of power
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Did you just replace them? Load testing is the only way to tell what condition they are in. If somehting is glowing at the load center there is a big problem. The motor may have shorted out and you are making a direct ground when you try to move it. That can be tested if you can get to the motor and use a multimeter to check the resistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do u know exactly where the two motors are so I don't start tearing into the wrong places?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Can you see it or them from underneath? Take a photo of that area for me and I can direct you on what to do.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry I'll have to send them tomorrow, I had to leave for work. I hope I can get this fixed cause I use the camper for work and need to pull it about 5hrs ie next job sight... Hopeful with the slid all the way in... The rails for the slides are on the sides of the slide out in a small wieving pattern fit the track... It's not the traditional slide with a geared track that pushes out from the bottom. Thanks for the help so far
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Lippert Schwintek system............see the attached video for some trouble shooting. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lippert+schwintek+slide+system&view=detail&mid=3945D01532C2BEAC014D3945D01532C2BEAC014D&FORM=VIRE