gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Have a 2003 Monterey beaver and trying to leave town and have

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Monterey beaver and trying to leave town and have no power to rear coach so can't get rear slide in
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Are your slides all electric or hydraulic? Maker of the slide hardware would be helpful here. And if you haven't had the batteries serviced and load tested recently I would do that as well. Most slideout issues we see here are battery problems. If we need to dig deeper into this please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee. Having a small digital multimeter is very helpful here for tracking down a problem like this. About $20 or so and easy to use and I can direct you in this .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All slides are. All battery's are new as of saterday front are hydraulic and rear is electric we have no lights in rear we allso have no power to fridge I have checked all the battery s and all are at 6.4 and have checked all fuses but nothing blown front slides work rear don't allso no power to monitor up front
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My name is***** am a owner of Rob's automotive llc I'm not a motor home mechanic but very mechanically inclined I have been a mechanic for 36 yrs and I run a moble service for domestic and import vehicles I'm just trying to help get him back on the road thxs
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Do you know who made the rear electric hardware? Power Gear has a control module and it is usually under the bed or in a storage bay on the all or ceiling. Small and green and about 2" x 4" and it has a fuse. This may be a shortstop breaker and those can be near the batteries or in the Battery Control Center under the hood. They can be tripped and need to be reset. I suspect you are familiar with those. They control power to any number of things and then you can check the converter.