Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2003 Fleetwood southwind that we cannot get the steps

Customer Question

we have a 2003 Fleetwood southwind that we cannot get the steps go out. It was working then stoped and will not go out
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you could do is access the motor under the step, get a 12 volt drill battery and jump the motor leads directly and see if the step moves, if the step does not move swap the jumper wires and it should want to go out. Check the ground as well for the steps. IF the step does not move the motor has failed, try smacking the motor a few times as well, sometimes that will get them going. IF the motor moves then I would check for power going into the control box, the control box will be near the motor, it supplies voltage for the motor, if you have voltage going into that then that is likely the problem. I am not sure where Fleetwood put all the fuses but I would check the chassis and house fuse boxes. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included... Robert