Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 Winnebago View with a coach battery problem.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2008 Winnebago View with a coach battery problem. I had it plugged in on a 110 outlet over the winter with the house batteries disconnected on trickle chargers. Everything works when plugged in.
I hooked up the batteries which tested at 12.75 volts, and unplugged the 110. Result is no battery power to the coach. The last time this happened on the road, the coach breaker panel 40 amp relay under the passenger seat had tripped. This time it didn't trip.
Under the seat is the battery mode solenoid and disconnect relay which I haven't checked yet since I have to remove the seat first.
Suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you hit the interior switch for the DC power it should trigger the solenoid and allow the power inside. SO I think I would go to that solenoid, you should have a cable coming directly from the battery, that side should have voltage, check the opposite side on the solenoid, when you hit the switch it should transfer power to the other side and then power the interior via the fuse box. IF you have power only on one side get a small insulated jumper wire and jump the posts and see if your power comes on, if so bad solenoid. Try smacking it a few times as well, sometimes the contacts can stick on the solenoid. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert