Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.

Need the procedure and digrams to trouble shoot running prblem

Customer Question

need the procedure and digrams to trouble shoot running prblem starts but stops as soon as you let off the start switch unit is 6.5 onan NHE1R26100A
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Unfortunately my info doesnt cover the wiring diagrams on this model here to be sure if these wires and remote needs connected.I know on some models they do receive a ground signal from being bolted into the vehicle to work properly so you may have to have this installed in a vehicle or contact a service center on this model here to see if they can tell you how this is wired and what is needed for proper operation. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. No, neither the remote nor the 120 wires need to be hooked up for the unit to run. It will run on the bench just fine, if everything is in operative order. The most common cause of the unit not staying running when you release the start switch is that it is no longer producing any power,.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hank F. I haven't heard from another rv mechanic as of 10:20 May 10 if as you say on not charging what do I look for or what procedure do I use to check the charging circuit
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
The first thing you need to do is to check and see if that is the problem for sure.The first thing you need to do, though, is to check your oillevel and make sure it is full.Low oil pressure will also shut the set down. If the oil is good, remove the control panel from the front ofthe genset.Set your meter to ACV.Connect the black lead to a good ground.Connect the red lead to the back of the circuit breaker (eitherone), on the terminal farthest away from you.Press and hold the start button for 6 - 8 seconds, and note thevoltage.How much voltage is there? .
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Have you checked the voltage?