Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Accidently plugged my 2006 McKenzie Lakota 5th wheel into a

Customer Question

Accidently plugged my 2006 McKenzie Lakota 5th wheel into a 220 30 amp instead of 110 30 amp. Smoke came out of panel box I shut power off. Later the lights, refrigerator, etc all worked running off battery. What should I do now -
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

I would really have a RV shop check the electrical systems out, when you plug into 220 you can do some damage to the microwave, TV's, power converter and other appliances. The smoking probably was coming from the power converter but also could have melted some wires in the breaker panel. I would inspect the breaker panel, make sure nothing melted in the panel. IF everything appears OK I would plug into the 30 amp service and see what is not working on AC power. Make sure no GFI'S tripped and and reset all the breakers. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Another RV expert also advised me it really should be checked out first before you try using the AC side, if you are not familiar with AC power then it would be best for a shop to see what damage has occurred. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert