gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Pearl, our 12 volt system 3 out of 12 systems have shut

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, our 12 volt system 3 out of 12 systems have shut down. HELP!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 3 out of 12 DC systems do not work. Also our water heater does not work. we have a 2013 Bounder 35K. Please help.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We have bought a 12 volt fuse box and changed it out; a heater control board and changed it out. Still nothing works.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: Also our tv antenna and satellite dish does not work. We are running the generator right now and it is making 40 AMPs, but still no lights.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Is this the same problem WITH the generator running? Or just when no shore power or generator power is available? Do you have an inverter/charger or just a converter system? What is this in?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?