gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a cougar rls 2013 5th wheel. Trying to put satelite

Customer Question

I have a cougar rls 2013 5th wheel. Trying to put satelite in bedroom. have it in front. where do we hook it up?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Is there already a tv hookup in the bedroom? IF so, this shouldn't be hard. IF not, then it may be a little bit of a challenge wiring one in, depending on where you want to install the tv. Please get back to me and I can direct you further.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is a hookup in the bedroom. It goes to the anteanna.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Is there a button on there to chose between two sources? And have you put the satellite up there or not?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
The front and bedroom cables should be hooked together someplace.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is little green button, but no button for choice. There is a brown cable and an orange cable in the front. There is another plug that say sat and anteanna. There is only one white cable going to that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The connection in the bedroom has Winegard on it. That is why we thought that was for antennae.
..
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
You may have to test these with a meter to find out OR perhaps contact a dealer for some information. It should work for both IF you use that lead to come down from the satellite. I have to leave for a few hours, so I will opt out of this and let another tech take over.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my email is***@******.***
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
I think we can resolve this with a phone chat......
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We actually called the place where we bought it. They were able to explain some things to us.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not need your help. Thank you.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.
Great! Glad you got it resolved..........and if we had done a phone chat we would have arrived at the same result, but the place that sold it to you should have explained EVERYTHING about this to you as part of the purchase. Not a good job on their part.