Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My heater blower will tun on thirty seconds and not

Customer Question

My heater blower will tun on for about thirty seconds and not ignite then turn off,
strong smell of gas by the heater outside
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** is the Year of the RV and what is the make and model of the furnace? After the blower comes on can you hear it trying to spark at all? Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2015, Atwood AFM Series
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I can hear it trying to spark
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK Since you have gas and spark present most likely this is going to be an issue with the circuit board, electrode or LP pressure issue. It would be hard for you to check the LP pressure without a manometer, go to your main LP tank valve and shut it SLOWLY open it back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. Make sure your battery voltage is also around 12 volts, if the fan is coming on the voltage should not be an issue but I would verify it. The next step would be to have a RV shop/dealer test the circuit board, most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is the problem, then you have to look at the electrode as the possible issue. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert