Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

I want to install a roof ladder on a 2011 25 foot class c chalet

Customer Question

I want to install a roof ladder on a 2011 25 foot class c chalet rv how do I find the framework or blocking to mount it or is there just a foam core panel for the walls
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 5 months ago.
Hi, if the ladder was not installed by the manufacturer, there is probably no accomidation for the ladder to be installed. Knowing this we in the shop use 'awning plates' at the location of each leg for reinforcment and backing. use silicone to bond the plate, and screws to attatch, this gives the foot a larger footprint, and more bearing on the wall, this is done as common practice, and in 40years, I have never seen this proceedure fail... go to this link for the product I am referring to. click here
please get back to me for discussion or clarification ..thanks