gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Its with an Onan micro quiet 4000 generator model series

Customer Question

its with an Onan micro quiet 4000 generator model ky series k. Seems to run when start button pushed but then stops.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: intermittent problem. Runs when the start button pushed but then stops after a few seconds.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, odd question
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaned carb, new spark plugs, filters, new control board...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: the issue is the generator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello anyone there?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Busy today! This can be caused by several things. Was it running last time you used it and how long ago was that?