Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

The thermostat seems to work fine during the day. At night

Customer Question

The White Rogers thermostat seems to work fine during the day. At night it sometimes doesn't seem to come on. I have the thermostate set at 72 and it was 62 in the rv. How can we fix this.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the heater does not come on at night like it is supposed to.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Is this a mechanical or digital model? What is the make and model of your furnace?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the furnace is and atwood duo therm the air condition is not working just the furnace we are using the white rogers heating only #M30.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mechanical only
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
What is the year of the coach? And you this may be in the furnace or the thermostat. When did you last have the LP pressure checked at the tank regulator? Low LP pressure can do this. I can furnish a manual and give you some directions in trouble shooting if you have a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 and easy to use and I can direct you in testing. In the meantime, pull the cover off the thermostat and jump across the two leads from the furnace and see if it comes on. Do this 3 or 4 times to see if it will light consistently. Let me know what happens. Please provide the model number of your furnace when you respond and IF you have an outside inspection panel for that.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me here?