Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Coachman prism 2015. No power in coach unless shore power or

Customer Question

Coachman prism 2015. No power in coach unless shore power or engine is running. Batteries at 12.74 volts. Converter outputs 13.6 volts. When on shore power. Battery disconnect switch is in 1 position. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** would do is go to the solenoid for the disconnect and check power across the solenoid on the larger posts, if you only have power on one side jump the solenoid and see if the power comes on. IF you have power on both sides follow the cable, many times you will find a battery control box, the solenoid also might be in that box, check for any short stop style breakers, below is a picture, each post should have the same voltage. Many will have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. IF you have no voltage to the solenoid, follow the cable back and check for a breaker between the battery and solenoid. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included... Breaker.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will check in morning, will let you know the result
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
10-4... I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me?Robert