gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 2000 35U and can only fill the gas tank full if I

Customer Question

I have a 2000 35U and can only fill the gas tank full if I pick up the left side with the jacks. It is not surprising since the gas tank vent goes into the side of the tank with about the same invert level as the filler tube. Has Winnebage ever taken responsibility for this gross error in design and provided an appropriate fix (like the vent existing the top of the tank)?
Dave
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Not that I am aware of......and those are usually a problem with the chassis maker and not Winnebago. You should be able to change out the tank to a good version to correct this. Is this a Ford chassis or Workhorse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ford but "I" shouldn't have to change out the tank for an obvious design flaw. I want an answer, not an obvious comment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that it? Definately not worth $29
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
So how else would you correct this? The obvious answer is to live with it or replace the tank. No "modifications" I know of. Sorry that was just too obvious for you here. I will opt of this question and allow another tech to offer something if they have another idea.