Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.

E-450 SUPER DUTY WINNEBAGO 2000 24 ft. Generator will not start

Customer Question

E-450 SUPER DUTY WINNEBAGO 2000 24 ft. Generator will not start from the inside the cab.. I Have no access to the wiring diagrams for the generator.. I am a Master Tech and have owned and operated a business for the last 20 years.. So I seem to find myself working on more and more motorhomes lately.. Also the steps stay out but at times they will try to go in but seems to bind.. Any help would be perfect.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases a complete diagram like this here may need obtained from a dealer or repair facility that works on this model here.If you have not tried to obtain one this way I would see if they can get you a diagram for this here.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you on this here let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I have limited RV exp on the home part as well.. I still need help. I came to this web site hoping to find someone that has done work on them.. I have this generator that will not start from inside the home.. I can start It outside.. Any ideas.. The inside switch does work it turns on a relay that is located under the steps when you walk into the home.. From their I'm lost.. I have no power getting to the solenoid on the gen itself.. This gen is packed in their and I would have to drop it to go any futher in witch I hope I do not have to do.. The solenoid on the gen has a hot post 10 gauge wire that is hot from the battery and is fine.. 2 small whit wires on the top one seems to be a ground and the other I can power up and the gen will start.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just need a refund.. The way this site is set up shows to be paying a one time fee and after the money is exchanged it tells me I have no choice but to accept the monthly fee.. This site is no good to me Thanks in for you time.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. What are the brand, model and serial numbers of the genset?