Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.

I have a Onan generator in a r.v. that would start with the

Customer Question

I have a Onan generator in a r.v. that would start with the switch but would stop running when I let the switch go. I ordered a new circuit board(###) ###-####and it is still doing the same thing what should I look for now
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
What is the model number of your set including the spec letter?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Onan marquise 7000 model 7nhmfa261060
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
I don't have anything on that set, so I will opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something. We have a good Onan tech, but he is so busy he takes awhile sometimes to get to these as he has a "day" job. Be patient! In the meantime, let me do some digging and see if I can come up with something for you.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. I need you to recheck the model number. The very last digit will be a letter, not a number. There is no letter "O".
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry I put down the model incorrect it is 7NHMFA26106D
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
OK.The single most common cause of this issue is that the set is no longer producing electricity. The first thing you need to do, though, is to check your oil level and make sure it is full.Low oil pressure will also shut the set down. If the oil is good, remove the control panel from the front ofthe genset.Set your meter to ACV.Connect the black lead to a good ground.Connect the red lead to the back of the circuit breaker (either one), on the terminal farthest away from you.Press and hold the start button for 6 - 8 seconds, and note the voltage.How much voltage is there? .
Expert:  Hank F. replied 5 months ago.
Have you checked the voltage?