Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the fuse located auto awing? 2008 gulf

Customer Question

Where is the fuse located for Dometic auto awing? 2008 gulf stream Conquest class c motor home
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you have the model number of the awning, do you have a wind sensor on the roof for the awning? Robert
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
model #3307906.010 or(###) ###-####36 I really don't know where the wind sensor is. I set it in compartment.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
OK You are going to have a control box, many times they like to stick that outside in a storage compartment, one style has a fuse inside of it and the other style does not however it would be a good spot to check voltage, if you have no voltage going into that box you need to check all the fuses in the chassis and house fuse boxes, normally you would have a fuse for ignition over-ride what that does is lock out the ignition when you turn the key on so there is no possible way for the awning to tun out while driving down the road. I would look outside for a fuse box the RV manufacturer installed it could be under the hood or in a storage compartment, also check front of the steering column for a fuse box. IF the box is not marked what I would do is turn the ignition ON and probe each fuse with a 12 volt test light, the test light is a quick and easy way to see which fuses have power. Also look near the battery for a small gage wire with an in-line fuse. Normally the outside fuse box would have some shortstop style breakers and solenoids in it along with the fuse. Click HERE to see the two different styles of control boxes, you would want to check voltage at the power 12 VDC connection. Hope this helps some.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert