Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The air bags in the front of my Monaco Diplomat are flat but

Customer Question

The air bags in the front of my Monaco Diplomat are flat but the line has pressure
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is***** like you have a ride height valve issue, the ride height valve will meter the amount of air into the bags. Many times you will have two in the rear, one for each bag and then in the front you could have 1 valve or two, if you have only have one valve then I suspect that it has failed and would need to be replaced, when they fail the will exhaust air out the bottom of the valve, so I would see if you can hear that air coming out the valve. IF you have two valve the chance of both failing is slim but can happen. I would have a mobile service do the change out on the valve, it can be dangerous as you need to be under the chassis with the engine running and the parking brake released when you are setting the ride height. The only other possible issue would be some type of air dump solenoid for the leveling, sometimes they will use two or four solenoids for the system.What I might try is pump the brakes all the way down then let it air up and once the air dryer pops off release the parking brake and see if the bags fill up.IF you have line pressure to the bag it really sounds like a ride height valve issue... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert