gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I received a defrosting kit NDA1402 Dometic refrigerator.

Customer Question

I received a defrosting kit for my NDA1402 Dometic refrigerator. The kit consists of a small fan with a wire that has 2 plugs on it. The reason for this retrofit is to cure a known problem of the freezer icing up in this particular model. Dometic recommends that this kit be installed by a certified technician and included no instructions for a DIYer. With your guidance however I would like to install it myself. Thanks in advance.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am. I am pretty competent with most RV repairs and am sure with a little help from you can accomplish this installation.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, as I don't know for sure where it goes.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is***** you have a part number on the kit you got? did if come with a thermal disc? Robert