Fix-it..
Fix-it.., Commercial Transport Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Class A Motor Home chassis specialist.
35815791

The transmission will not shift out of 1sr gear and shows a

Customer Question

The transmission will not shift out of 1sr gear and shows a shift inhibit light
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is an Allison transmission. Push button. Neutral, drive and reverse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It is not drivable so yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: I can't think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening
If you have the Allison key pad then with the key on push the up down buttons at the same time till the display says d1. Then some numbers will follow. Let me know what those numbers are. Thanks