Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2004 Allegro. Sometimes when I turn off the

Customer Question

We have a 2004 Allegro. Sometimes when I turn off the ignition the slides will not operate. I have to turn the ignition on and off several times for them to work. Do I need to change the ignition switch? If so do you have a repair manual, on instructions on how to do that?
Regards,
Joe Black ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my mane is Robert... This may be per design, Most Tiffins are set up where there is an igntiton lock out so when you operate the slides they will not work with the ignition OFF, this is to prevent the slides from opening when going down the road, many RV manufacturers will do this. Try with the engine running and see if they work, if so then I would say it is normal. IF they do not work with the ignition on it could be that circuit with ignition lock out many times they will use a relay for that, it would be hard for me to say where the relay is and I would contact Tiffin if needed, they have one of the better customer support departments in the RV world... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert