Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2014 Meridian 40U, and the passenger rear slide gave

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Meridian 40U, and the passenger rear slide gave us problems going out this evening. I didn't go out straight, and we had to equalize it several times to get it to go out. Is there something I can do to get it to go out straight again? I just greased the tracks on the slide a few weeks ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi mt name is***** would be checking your battery voltage to start, if the voltage was low the room might work but poorly and might give you a jerking movement, try with the engine running as well if you have not done so. Winnebago uses a combo of different manufacturers for the rooms, if it is a power gear and is doing this then something might be loose for the mounting for the motor where it runs, if it is a Lippert and has the tracks on the side of the slideroom then it could be a motor or cable issue. These rooms can be tricky and I would advise you to have a Winnebago dealer have a look at this if the voltage is good, if you start making adjustments you can make things worse then when you started so it would be best to have a shop take a look, most shops will charge about 1 hour for diagnose and adjustments which is well worth it. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Robert,I have not read the answer because I need information sooner. It's fixed, and it was a broken wire between the motor and the controller.Thanks,
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the update and sorry it took so long for a response. Robert