Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

New Palazzo....1st use 1st day. There is a clicking noise

Customer Question

New Palazzo....1st use 1st day. There is a clicking noise near the stove top. have not used it. Just bought it today.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
That sounds like a burner ignitor clicking...........check to see if they are all off and the oven as well. Get back to me if that isn't the case. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
If you need to respond, please take a photo of that area so I can see what else is nearby. Especially anything electronic.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
have not used the stove. Just picked it up today at dealership and am staying in it tonight. Noise started spontaneously. How to make it stop?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I send a photo? it is actually my customer with the problem....he texted me a pic and a video with sound.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Attach it to your post using the paperclip icon or you can e-mail it to me at***@******.*** and I can take a look and listen.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
email sent.....thank you!
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
I will get back to you as soon as I can view that........
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Nothing yet.......double check the addy you mailed it to.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tried again
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
I watched a video from a dealer and it pretty much has to be an igniter for a stovetop burner. It probably got bumped.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So...what to do to make it stop? If they ignite the stove and then turn it off, should that do it?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Yes........or just check to see if the burner knob is on partially. Turn them all back off. They may not have the LP turned on and that is why it is clicking and not igniting.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Maybe not..........what is under the stove? In one of the service bays there?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Cooling fan on the fridge next to the stove?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure. Is it safe for them to try what we said previously? He said he could hear the noise when he went outside...at that area. Did you get the video with the sound?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Yes.........tell him to open up the bay there and see what is in there.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Unless that sound is distorted by the video, it isn't the stovetop. More probable the fridge next to the stove or something under that area in a bay.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think the fridge is on the other side.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
It wasn't in the video I watched, but maybe this is a different floor plan. Perhaps the fan in the inverter?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Have him open the bay door and take a photo of what is in there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just sent you the floorplan by email.. Called the customer. He has tried lighting the stove and turning it off. No help. He is pretty sure the noise is in the stove. Outside...behind this...no bay...just exhaust for the stove.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Is the fresh water pump under the sink? What else is under there? It sounded like the sound was under the stovetop in the video. Is that a power fan vent?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure about the water pump or fan. he did say the noise was louder when he opened the drawer under the stove....he seems pretty convinced it is coming from the stove area
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
No idea then..........pretty strange! I did forward that to another tech here for his opinion.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, thank you. I was hoping to get this stopped somehow so these people could get some sleep tonight.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know what it turns out to be...........maybe someone left an adult toy in the drawer!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
lol...had to be at the factory. This one is brand new.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they took possession at 6pm today....eastern time
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Maybe a bored line worker..........I forwarded that to the other main tech here for an opinion. Thanks for giving us a shout here! Let me know what it turns out to be.........
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks for your help and persistence
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
You are welcome..........if my other tech comes up with a good idea I will let you know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
10-4.......get some sleep! Guessing you are on the East Coast.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes...NC
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
California up near Mt Shasta...........where the palm trees meet the pines and everyone dreams of apple pie and mother!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nice!
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Looks a lot like your area I suspect. Except people here have no accent! LOL!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
lol......I am in western NC....a few miles east of Asheville.. Beautiful here....and some good golf.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Was near there a few years ago..........in Tennessee near the border. Great area, but kind of humid. Stop by for coffee if you are ever out this way!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will do! Good beer here....Asheville best craft beer city in America.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
And we have a local brewpub that makes some mean beer! Etna Brewery.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
The more I thought about this, I am wondering if that is a shortstop breaker clicking on a circuit behind the drawer. That would indicate a short someplace if this is true.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Our other tech on site was thinking it might be a converter fan if that is where they mounted it........behind that drawer or maybe under the sink.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
So what did it turn out to be?