Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We are thinking about purchasing an 08 Quantum Terry on the

Customer Question

We are thinking about purchasing an 08 Quantum Terry on the exterior there are small round areas that resemble buckshot damage but it is not. Appears on compartment doors on random areas back of camper that follows all way up to a window. Appears as if coming from the inside out also.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** hard to say for sure without seeing some pictures, is it spider cracked and bulged out or raised in any areas, does it look like a raised bubble? Robert
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
See if you can open that file its a picture of what I'm trying to explain
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not spider cracked these appear in random areas
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you see these pictures?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Thanks..... I think what is going on is the frame is moving and causing the paint to push outward and then it is chipping off OR there is a defect in the material they used in production and is now showing up, also possible moisture or water has gotten behind the wall and causing the glue to let get and the bulging and cracking paint. I do not think the problem is going to go away and this would be a very costly repair let alone in that area and if there are more. It almost looks like to me someone did that damage to it. In all my years I have never seen anything like that. I would NOT purchase this unit, you could be opening up a can of worms and it could be very expensive to repair. Sorry for the delay I was looking at the pictures. Robert
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's ok I appreciate you checking them out. No one has an answer to what it is. It's a mystery for sure. If you get any ideas from your coworkers please text me at(###) ###-#### *****'s a tuff decision because the interior is perfect! Not one thing wrong with it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This one is by the decal you can see the bubbles coming up underneath
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I've got to get some sleep now. Worried about this for a solid week. Thanks for your help. Let me know if you can figure it out.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
I would not buy it zooming in on the outside wall you can see pin pricks all over it, something major is going on with the siding, it could be a defect in the material, the more I look at it the more I see how it is not normal at all and sometimes you can have electrolysis your last picture defines the electrolysis theory. I really would not but this, as a RV tech to repair this would be very costly and the problem is not going to stop, just being honest, this unit looks really bad, water will get inside the holes and only speed up the process if the bubbling then cracking. Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert