Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

I AM WORKING ON A ONAN 12500 DIESEL I CHANGED THE AIR AND FUEL

Customer Question

I AM WORKING ON A ONAN 12500 DIESEL I CHANGED THE AIR AND FUEL FILTER TO MAKE
SURE THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM WHEN YOU START THE GEN IT DIES AFTER 1 OR 2 SECONDS IF YOU HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN IT RUNS FOR 12 SECONDS THE GEN IS MAKJNG POWER AND THE TRANSFER SWITCH IS WORKING FINE AFTER SHUT DOWN THE
CODE ON THE SWITCH IS 32
Category: RV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
12.5hdcab11506c model
Ser # *****
Expert:  Hank F. replied 10 months ago.
On this unit, code 32 is Starting Fault. It means that the controller thinks the generator is not running at the proper frequency. The first step in diagnosing this is to connect a frequency meter to the output, and verify the frequency while holding the start button to keep the genset running for a few seconds. What frequency do you get?