Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a freg that will not start on gas or electric it want

Customer Question

I have a freg that will not start on gas or electric it want to shut off either way in about 30 second s.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** fridge needs a good constant supply of DC power so when this is happening I would take a voltage reading at the 12 volt terminal block on the back of the fridge, click HERE and see page 15. The voltage needs to be above 11 volts or the fridge could shut down, the DC voltage is what turns the fridge ON. Also if you look at the picture on page 15 you will see a thermo-fuse on the flue canister, make sure that it did not pop out.Check all your plug connectors at the circuit board., IF the DC voltage is good and the fridge is turning off then you are looking at the circuit board under the outside access panel or the inside display. More times the board is at fault then the display, I might have a RV shop hook up a board and see what happens. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert