Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic dm2652 fridge that will not work. I have power

Customer Question

I have a dometic dm2652 fridge that will not work. I have power at the plug. I replaced both 3 and 5 amp fuses. Also when I pull out the 15 amp fuse at the fuse panel the light does not come on. I have a 2011 Forest River Stealth toy hauler. Need advice what to do to get this working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I would like to fix myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked power to fridge and all fuses replaced.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No everything else is working fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** to make sure the fridge is getting DC voltage, you should have a terminal block the wires from the RV are going to and then from the terminal block to the circuit board (under the outside access panel). IF you have voltage at that point check the flue canister for a small disc with a button on it, many of these have a high limit and when it trips it will prevent the fridge from working, some of the DM models also use a dioide on the wire from the canister to the board, make sure if you have the button style on the disc it is not popped out. IF you have good DC voltage going into the board and the fuse is not blown then I suspect the lower circuit board is the problem......Also the fridge really does not care if it is plugged into the outlet to turn on it needs DC power if you have NO dc power going to the terminal block then check all your interior fuses make sure one is not blown, if you have to you can run power and ground from the battery direct to power it on.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me follow ups are included... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert