Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', RV Mechanic
Experience:  Ford Cert. Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Where is the fuel pump inertia switch in a 1987 ford travel

Customer Question

Where is the fuel pump inertia switch in a 1987 ford travel master motor home c class?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
Check the attached link for this information and it should be located under the panel under the dash. Red button that you push down to put it back so the fuel pump will work again. Hope this proves helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDfcSAFri_Q
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I saw that video and it is not under the passenger kick board
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.
It is fairly large and hard to miss........but, if you don't see it there or under the hood it may not have one. I don't recall when they started using those. I will go ahead and opt out of this and put it back up so other techs can offer something if they can. They come and go daily and weekends can be busy, so please be patient. Thanks!
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 months ago.
which engine?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has one. In the hood frame it states that if it trips the engine won't run and it needs to be reset. It says to consult owners manual and I don't have one.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Econoline e350
please post the engine size?there were a number of different engines
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
sorry.....not able to callplease respond here........it would be less expensive
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry, but all you supplied was the V.I.N. & no information to the Engine sizeAccording to your V.I.N., it appears that your Motor Home has a "7.5" 460 Engine, but I am not sure if it is Carburated or EFI (electronic Fuel Injection).IF it is Carburator, then the Inertia Switch will be located Passenger side, just forward of the Right Front Door, at the Kick Panel / toe boardIF it is EFI, then the Fuel Shut Off / Inertia Switch is handled by a Relay, which is located under the Right side Dash
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has a carburetor. Under the right side kick board there is a black square box with a white button on the top. All the research I have done says the inertia switch is a black box with a red switch. When I press the white switch it does nothing but bounce back up.
does the Switch have a RED / BROWN wire?
RED / BROWN or YELLOW wire
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both wires are black with yellow stripes. The yellow tape in the pic is for my reference
I show BLACK / YELLOW going to Relay from the SwitchIs there Voltage on either BLACK / YELLOW wire with Key ON, or where they Plug in?Can you test for Ground - on them also
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll check later and get back to you. I'm not near the RV.
thanks.........