Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

3725rl kitchen slide doesn't work. Some teeth are missing on

Customer Question

3725rl kitchen slide doesn't work. Some teeth are missing on slide. Is there a way to turn the switch so only the living slide will functions? Anything else we can do? This is a vacation ruiner
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That would be great as there is no one who can get to it and we are 2000 miles from home. If that is not possible being able to leave the kitchen slide closed and being able to open and close the opposite slide would enable us to get home
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: It is 2015. Not sure what else he might want to know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Are you already on vacation or just planning on leaving? Is this a Power Gear or LCI system or do you know? All electric or hydraulic? Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
I see from your question that you are away from home............so are you just trying to get back or stay more in some other places. Please give me an idea of your original plan here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On vacation. Hydraulic slides
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I was out all afternoon and just got home. Most of these you can turn off one or more rooms at the pump and solenoids.....either by turning a control knob (Lippert system) or by disconnecting the lead to the solenoid for that room you don't want to move. They are usually marked as to which room they control. Your pump and controls should be in one of the service bays.......usually in the front. If you aren't sure which one, attach a photo of your pump assy to your post and I can direct you further here. A broken gear is pretty rare and I can't help but wonder how that happened. In most cases that isn't too hard to repair. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me for any additional input you need as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolved this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?