peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Generator in Sprinter will crank and run minutes! Cannot re

Customer Question

Generator in Sprinter will crank and run for 30 minutes! Cannot re crank! Help had it in two shops, one Cummins. Both repair men say they ran it and re cranked it. What am I doing wrong! Thank you
Category: RV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have to allow the repair facility to test this when it is acting up to see if this is an issue with wiring or possibly the starter or a control unit/ecu that turns on and off the generator.Usually this is best done when it is acting up so I have found if it is left with the repair center for a day or more so they can duplicate the fault this will help them test and locate the issue.If this is not an option here on this let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I will follow you suggestion

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete