peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The slideout on Winnebago Sightseer Motor Home sticks on one

Customer Question

The slideout on Winnebago Sightseer Motor Home sticks on one side and will only slide in or out once in a while. It has been lubricated and checked by a Winnebago dealer. But it still doesn't work on a regular basis. What could be wrong?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Most of the slide outs are controlled by motors and gears.If the gear assembly is slipping on the motor control when it is operated this will usually cause a fault like this here and would need to be inspected further to see if it needs replaced.If this was not checked into this needs done. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete