Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I got a onan 7000 rv generator if you hold the choke close

Customer Question

I got a onan 7000 rv generator if you hold the choke close it will run let go of the choke it stop I clean the carburetor out. what do you think it is
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

How did you clean the carburetor out? Had it been sitting for some time without running? Please describe in more details the background of this issue and I can make some recommendations for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
took it apart and clean out all of the jets.no it has not been setting to long. I start it up every month and run it for 1/2 hour. the last to months I could not get it started. the man next door is a mechanic retired
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
took it apart and clean out all of the jets. no it has not been setting to long. I start it up every month and run it for 1/2 hour. the last two months I could not get it started. the man next door is a mechanic that retired and he clean out his two time before
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Did wash it out in lacquer thinner? Blow out the jets? IF so, then the problem may be in the fuel pump or filter. You might try changing the filter first and see if that corrects this. Sometimes, the pump allows it to run for some time and then quit, but if it won't run without the choke that would point to some jets being plugged up or the filter. Let me know what happens and we can go from there.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?