Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Greetings. I'm unsure if my 2010 Damon Daybreak Sport is equippe

Customer Question

Greetings. I'm unsure if my 2010 Damon Daybreak Sport is equipped with an inverter. As it is now, the microwave and TV'S only work while we are plugged in or the generator is running. Please advice what I need to. If I don't have an inverter, could I have one installed?
Thanks.
BW
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
If it has one there will be a large red cable off the batteries to it and most coaches that only have two 12 VDC batteries don't have one. Most coaches that use four 6 VDC golf cart batteries have them. And yes, you can add one and they come in various sizes and outputs. The price varies from a few hundred to a few thousand. Not too hard to install if you are handy with tools and I can direct you in that. I can take a look and see if they installed one in this and get back to you. Hope this will be helpful here. Please get back to me in a return post if we need to explore this further as all follow ups are included in our fee. Thanks for bringing your question to Just Answer!
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
I looked up the specs on this year and model and they didn't install one as OEM equipment. So decide what you want to power with one and I can give you some information on what you need to do and approximate costs.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
It came with two 6 VDC golf cart batteries for the house circuits and if you have space for two more you can add a pretty good sized inverter/charger. It would replace the existing converter you have now if you want. To use a microwave and most other appliances you would need at least 2000 watts.
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.
Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me?