Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

How do you get a Lippert schwintek slide to go out if it is

Customer Question

How do you get a Lippert schwintek slide to go out if it is in. Only one motor works. All info that I have found is to loosen motor when when slide is out. What do you do when won't go out. This is a 2013 Grey Wolf with the early model that does not have the cut out on the inside to remove the motor. The rear motor makes noise but the room doesn't move. The front moves fine. No error codes on board. Again it is stuck IN.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
There is no manual would have to do that by "hand" or more than one set. It sounds like you may have stripped some gears in that one side and you would have to take the motor out to check that. Not enough lubrication would tend to cause that.....especially on the wiper seals. Some owners are not aware that you have to keep those lubricated. Hope that gives you some idea of what needs to be done here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

so how do you get the motor out when the slide is in and there is no manual extend, The screw to remove motor is from the exterior.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
You have to have someone pushing on the side where the motor isn't helping as you hit the extend. Not always the easiest thing to do and you may have to enlist the help of a mobile tech. Give it a shot and see if that works for you. Do it in stages. You shouldn't have to get it out more than about a foot.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Got it done. Drilled a hole in the exterior flange to access the screw. Actually very simple and used a hole saw that ended up behind the upper corner plate on exterior flange.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Good for you! I don't think I have heard of that before, but sounds like it would work. Thanks for letting me know!