gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My bedroom slide motors are not synced and I don't remember

Customer Question

My bedroom slide motors are not synced and I don't remember how to re-sync the motors.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The only way I can get the slide in or out is when I switch the slide back and forth as the slide wiggles its way.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I am on the road and my regular mechanic I called and he said I could do it myself. We had this happen once before last year.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pushed the button 7 times holding on the 7 th push until the lights were both solid then pushed 2 times.
JA: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should be aware of about your RV?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 12 months ago.
Hello. You may try this resync procedure. Hold button until fully extended, retract 8-10 inches, and fully extend again. Repeat procedure a minimum of three times and see if they won't re-zero themselves.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
That is how I got the side to close and then reopen at my destination. Did you see the control box picture that I attached?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It only moves 6-8 inches at a time and then one side goes out of sync and stops.
I saw no attachment. Rv's are not my specialty, so I thought I'd research a little for you. I'll release the question for you. Maybe someone with a bit more experience may chime in.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The attachment was sent later and shows the sync box that controls the motors. Thank you.
No problem. Hope you figure it out.