Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Inside gate below toilet wont open,flap on toilet opens but

Customer Question

Inside gate below toilet wont open,flap on toilet opens but not on tank
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The toilet works ok.the gate to tank stays closed,wont open to flush
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Liquid dawn in toilet for 6hours,flush water in ,siphon back out several times.empty holding tank
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: Not that I know of right now.thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** is the make and model of the toilet? Are you talking about the gate for the discharge valve for the black tank, the handle you pull on?Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Follow ups are included, having the make and model of the toilet and year, make and model of the RV should help. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The make is aqua magic v ,the RV is 2006 and it no the pull lever outside it the one below toilet inlet to tank to enter
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK Normally you would have a blade that opens up on the toilet, the blade sits on the bottom of the toilet, when you activate the flush the blade should open and then it should go directly into the tank via the piping from the bottom of the toilet to the tank. if the cable came off or the blade failed it would be an issue, I am not seeing any serviceable parts for that blade so the toilet may need to be replaced if it is not a cable issue, I would pull it from the floor and take it outside the RV to a bench and check the operation on the back when you activate the flush the blade should be opening up, check the linkage and cable and make sure the housing on the back did not crack and the cable/linkage is still attached. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The toilet blade is ok on toilet,its the opening to tank that is closed and wont open for waste to go into tank
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Once the blade for the toilet is opened up the waste should go right into the discharge pipe and down to the tank. I am little confused as I am thinking there is not another valve, the waste should go down when the toilet blade opens up. I normally will get an old garden hose and run it down the toilet and give short bursts of water while moving the hose around. Sometimes that will clear the blockage. Maybe I am missing something on this. I might pull the toilet there should be nothing in the way from the bottom of the toilet. Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Was just checking in to see if you need more help on this? Thanks. Robert